1. Before you dye your hair, condition it the day before or leave an overnight treatment on a week before. Get your hair in the best condition before you dye it for optimum results.
2. Artificial colours will not lighten artificial colours. You can't dye over dyed hair with lighter shades, so make sure you look at your ends/mid-sections before choosing a colour.
3. Vaseline around the hair line will protect your skin from hair dye. Conditioner or moisturiser will also help to create a barrier and stop the absorption. Don't dye your face!
4. Always measure your developing time from when you fully finish the hair dye application, not from when you start. You can also increase developing time by up to double if you need to.
5. If you have trouble dying the back of your head, tie the front half up before you apply to the back. It will seem less daunting and enable you to maneuver effectively.
The Schwarzkopf Color Mask is available in 15 shades priced £6.49 each