The concealer comes in a twistable pen, encased in a matte finish case. (The only issue I have with Nars is that the packaging always gets covered in product, and this is no exception... It needs cleaning all the time as it ends up looking a bit skanky!) The concealer itself is a highly pigmented, soft and blendable texture that melts into the skin. You only need a very small amount to cover blemishes 100% and with confidence. Most importantly, there's no caking and it lasts all day, so there's no need to feel paranoid that that pesky spot is peeking through or you're showing those last few hours in the pub under your eyes.
The fact that there are so many shades makes this an amazing concealer. If the shade match isn't perfect the formula doesn't blend into skin - lighter patches across your face may be invisible in your bathroom, but under different light you could look like a patchwork cover. The concealer has a matte, slightly powdery finish too, so it settles on the skin with no need for powder. I can't shout about how great this concealer is enough... It's utterly worth its £17.50 price tag as it helps to create a flawless base from which to build the rest of a look. I'm a convert. Merci Francois Nars.
Shades now available include:
- Chantilly - for fairest of complexions, true ivory – New!
- Vanilla - for fair complexions, tiny cast of pink tones
- Honey - for light to medium complexion, warm peach tones
- Custard - for light to medium complexions, yellow tones
- Ginger - for medium complexions, golden tones
- Biscuit - for medium to dark complexions, natural balance of pink and yellow tones – New!
- Caramel - for medium to dark complexions, yellow
and golden tones – New!
- Amande - for medium to dark complexions, golden olive tones – New!
- Café – for dark complexions, warm red tones – New!
- Cacao - for dark complexions, deep-gold-brown tones – New!