1. The customer care team consists of thirty people manning the phone lines from 8.30am until 10.00pm, so you can call them up for a chat at your convenience. (They also work through until 1am manning the phone lines for the USA, so that's dedication!) Not only can you place your order with them over the phone, you can also ask them questions about the products, pick their brains for recommendations or get technical advice. These people know what they're talking about and give the brand a personal touch!
2. There's a Liz Earle ebay account where you can buy products at discount prices! Rather than trying to buy products from a dodgy seller in Brighton (no offense Brighton) who's had the tube of cream for a year by a windowsill, get it direct from the source. Liz Earle sell quality 'seconds' on ebay through their sellers account for a few quid cheaper, simply because the logo may be a bit wonky or the cap a little bit wobbly. The product inside is still the same (i.e. perfect) so you can try a new product or stock up on the classics while saving a few bob. Find the ebay account here.
3. When you get your beautifully packaged and wrapped products delivered to your door it puts a smile on your face, doesn't it? That's because there's a massive operation of wrappers in Liz Earle HQ whose job it is to wrap each product individually, making it look perfect. Every single product is wrapped in a different way and it takes up to six months to be fully trained. I was in awe of the speed in which they were wrapping - I even had a go at wrapping a bottle of Cleanse & Polish myself and it's not easy!
4. There's a reason that the products from Liz Earle are so effective and beautiful to use... it takes years to develop them! The hair care range was six years in the making, purely because the team behind it wasn't willing to compromise on the quality, performance or ingredients used. They may only bring out a few products a year (if that) but those products will be perfect in every way by the time they get to you. All of the design and development is done in-house so the people closest to the brand are putting in the leg work. I heard a sneaky whisper that there are some ace products in the pipeline, plus I got to see the Christmas sets in prototype! (FYI they include a design of little fir trees and crowns...)
5. A lot of companies say they're focused on the environment and their impact on the wider world, but Liz Earle really are. Not only is their HQ an eco-building that generates energy itself, but they're also building an extension that will have one whole side covered in greenery... That's gonna look pretty awesome! Everything is thought of and taken into consideration - even the flakes of packing foam you get in your order are so pure and natural you can eat them. They've remained close to their roots even after all these years and even still have their beach house that was their very first base. It's rare you find a company so lovely as this today.
|The Liz Earle beach patio... even though it's a bit soggy here!|
|The Cleanse & Polish packing line.|
|My wrapped C&P... Not perfect, but not bad.|
So that's what I learnt on my tour of Liz Earle HQ. Everyone there is so lovely it's really no surprise that the products are doing so phenomenally well and a Cleanse and Polish is sold every six seconds. It's fab to know there's a person at the end of a phone (or on the receiving end of an email) so you know your order is being looked after. My little trip just made me love Liz that little bit more.